Riffat's World


Follow the R.A. Girl on her R.A. Journey

My photo
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
I am a 23 year old graduate with a degree in English Literature. The literature says it all. I love living in my dream world of literature, escaping into the chasms of fiction and the world's it offers is my favourite past time. I love interpreting the written word or art for that matter. I am an entrepreneur as well with a small online business to my credit. I love most things...like or hate rarely features in my dictionary, I am a person believing in extremes be it in life or choices! An artist by choice. I love beautiful things. Any item i create reflects my love of beauty. Each piece i make is a thought process and an aim at inducing colour in everyone's life it touches!

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Independence is a luxury we own...celebrate it every day of every year!

CopyrightRA

Happy Independence Day

The day finally dawns when a nation awakes from its deep slumber to celebrate their independence for a single day. Flags are seen on every street, on every house, on most cars and worn proudly as a tiny badge for a single day. The air is replete with the sound of aerial gunshots, crackers and what not. Amidst it all is the burst of 'patriotism' for a single day.
I do not condemn celebrating our day of Independence, I proudly celebrate it too, but in a way that does little harm to others. I believe in celebrating the flag, the crescent, the star, the freedom, the green, the white, the diversity, the Islam, the ideology of a Muslim state, the independence, the name, the pride and most of all the homeland, but not one day a year but every day of every year.
The flag makes me teary eyed, the anthem gives me goosebumps, because it represents a lot more than a single day a year. It represents sacrifice, it represents bloodshed, it represents a place to call home. No matter where I go, where I live, this is the place I call home, a place no one can oust me out of. That is what independence means, the freedom to live, the identity, the place where no one can question your right to live or dream.
Independence is a luxury for many, but for us it is a luxury provided by our forefathers, a luxury we own. Use it well. Appreciate it. Realise it's importance. Most of all celebrate it, not one day a year, but every day of every year by being proud of being a Pakistani.

-A Proud Pakistani

No comments:

Post a Comment